We desire for the students, staff and families of Bergen County Christian Academy to use their God-given strengths and talents in service to others. As a Christian school community, we want to be doers of the Word, serving in Jesus' name to make a difference!
Students and the larger BCCA community participate in various community service outreaches and mission-related projects throughout the school year. From visiting area retirement communities and nursing homes, collecting canned goods for the Food Bank to packing meals at the local food pantry, our students are making a difference by serving others. BCCA has labled November as "Outreach" month where each grade finds ways to give back to the community.
On-going school-wide service projects include:
Center for Food Action (CFA) Each year BCCA students serve the local community through CFA's Emergency Food and Holiday program.
- An emergency food package consists of seven days of nutritious food. The amount of food a household receives is based on family size.
- On average, a food package consists of 5 bags of groceries.
- Clients can come for food packages up to 12 times a year.
- CFA provided Thanksgiving food packages to 3,287 households – 10,178 people.
- A package for a family of four has a value of approximately $180.
- The package consists of donated foods, paper goods, personal care products and cleaning supplies. Fresh meats, cheese, eggs and vegetables are provided when available.
- As funding permits, CFA purchases food items such as eggs, meat and fresh produce to include in the packages.
- During the spring summer and fall months, CFA added fresh produce CFA's Englewood garden and local gardeners.
Lighthouse Pregancy Resource Center Lighthouse Pregnancy Resource Center serves women, men and teens at-risk for, or facing, an unplanned pregnancy or related concern. We do not provide or refer for abortion; we do provide valuable services to support informed choices that will enhance your life and the lives of others. Please note that information provided on our website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical, legal or counseling advice.
Operation Christmas Child - Samaritans Purse Every November the Elementary teachers and students thankfully participate in putting together gift-filled shoe boxes for children and their families around the world to deliver a message of hope and the good news of Jesus Christ.
The Transition Center at Woodridge Last year BCCA had the opportunity to serve the students and teachers by working side by side with a 7th grade cooking class. A relationship was cultivated between the schools administration and plans to interact in the future through other educational and social events.
The Transistion School educates grades 4 through the age of 21, with special needs who demonstrate delays in the cognitive and behavioral domains.