Objectives & Philosophy
BCCA seeks to encourage its students to think and act like Christians in all matters, including dress and grooming. We want to impress upon our students the desire to honor our Lord Jesus Christ with their appearances as well as their behavior. The dress code also serves to give our students a distinctive appearance and encourages school pride.
Some of the Biblical principles that we seek to promote are as follows:
- We do all to the glory of God (1 Cor. 10:31).
- We are not to offend others by being stumbling blocks (Rom. 14:13, 1 Cor. 10:32-33).
- We are to do everything in love (1 Cor. 16:14).
- We are to be modest, reflecting decency and humility (1 Tim. 2:9-10).
- We are to be examples in speech, life, love, faith, and purity (1 Tim. 4:12).
- We are to draw attention to God, not to ourselves (John 3:30).
BCCA requires students to purchase and to wear uniform clothing from only Lands’ End Clothing may be ordered directly from Landsend.com online or by going to a local Sears store that sells Lands’ End:
Guide to Buying Lands’ End Online (select uniform available)
- Go to the School Uniforms section of the Lands'End website
- Click on Find My School
- Submit the following Search:
- School Name: Bergen County Christian Academy
- Location: in United States/US Territories
- City: Hackensack
- State: NJ
- Click on Search by Address and you will see the search results appear on the right
- Click on Select School, submit the gender and grade of your student, and click Shop Now
For information on the dress code and buying guide see: Student Handbook starting on page 22.